1. If you do not know a shop and you can order it, make your first online survey. Moreover each online store must declare in a visible place, the type and the name of the company, its registered office and contact details.
2. You must be careful about the product you choose and check photos in an online store in order to verify that this is definitely what you’re looking for.
4. Make sure the shop’s payment page uses SSL encryption technology (Secure Sockets Layer). When it comes to the time of payment, the web address should start with https: // and not just with http: //. Also, at the bottom right of the browser there should be a padlock.
5. Read the policy branch for the collection of personal data, and specifically, what information is stored in the electronic transaction and how it is used. The store may use your information to send promotional offers or other information messages, provided that it is clearly stated from the outset in terms. Also, the store must necessarily give you the opportunity each time to choose if you wish to stop any such communication.
6. Upon completion of your purchase, you should receive confirmation of your order from the online store, which is usually sent by e-mail. In particular message listing the important elements of the transaction, such as the order number, description of the product ordered, the time and mode of delivery. If you do not receive a confirmation message, it is advised to contact the store from which you made your order, to see if there was an issue.
7. If the time of delivery of the product has expired and you have not received it, contact the online store.
8. Once you receive your product, check it carefully to make sure it receives exactly what you ordered without any defect. Along with the product should be the purchase document (receipt or invoice) with the name of the shop from which I ordered.