Basic Consumer Rights
- Make sure that you have installed on your computer an antivirus program, which is often upgraded or even better to have chosen to receive updates automatically.
- It is safer to avoid purchases through shared computers. If however you need to do this, disable the automatic recording of data in your browser’s fields and accomplishments when you proceed. Delete the record of your movements, such as cookies, saved passwords and fill forms. It is also important to always have in mind disconnect (logout) of services, email and shops where you hava logged in (login).
- When you make a transaction in an online store, most likely you will need to create an account and choose a password. For all the passwords:
• Ensure that you change them regularly.
• Avoid using the same username and password on different Internet services, so if someone breaks your code to a service, he will not have access everywhere.
• Names, birth dates and phone numbers may appear to be an appropriate solution to remember your code but not safe so use a combination of words, numbers and symbols.
- You should be cautious when you meet “large” bids that expire immediately, as they usually hide traps. Also, special attention should be given if there are spelling errors in the e-shop website.
- If a site asks for purchasing a lot of information on your market for a simple order, such as pin codes credit card, immediately abandon the transaction.